Download our private pilot pricing calculator (XLS)
A Private Pilot's Certificate allows you to be pilot-in-command of an airplane. Through our Part 61 or 141 program we will teach you the skills you need to achieve your first solo flight and through to your cross-country flights. Upon completing this program you will be capable of piloting a single-engine land aircraft and enjoy flying around friends and family.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate
- Receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight time including training and solo flight
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test