Download our instrument rating pricing calculator (XLS)
Instrument rating refers to the qualifications that a pilot must have in order to fly under IFR (Instrument Flight Rules). Flying under IFR means you fly solely by your instruments with no outside references (aka fly through the clouds!!). You'll learn how to better prepare for flights, develop cockpit management skills and fine-tune aircraft control and precision.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Hold a private pilot certificate
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate
- Recive and log ground and flight training
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test